Last Updated: November 4, 2011
Data We Collect
When you visit our website you may optionally choose to sign-up on our Web forms and provide us with personally identifiable information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis.
Personally identifiable Information (“PII”)
When requesting market reports or requesting additional information or contact from Emerge Digital, Our Publisher customers are asked to provide the following: Name, Company Name, Mailing Address, Email Address, Phone Number, Basic Site Information (URL, Channel, Impression Traffic), Username, Tax I.D. Number and Password. In addition, if you choose to correspond with us through email or blog postings, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
Non-Personally identifiable Information (“Non-PII”)
Similar to other commercial websites, we collect information about how the emergedigital.com website is used.
Non-PII collected includes may include the following: IP address, domain, browser type and language, referring website addresses, date/time of visits, page view data, and search keywords. Non-PII is collected using the following standard web technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files, which often include an anonymous unique identifier, sent to your browser from a website. Cookies can only be read by the party placing the cookie, they cannot erase or alter any of your data and when used in the context of collecting non-PII, they do not include personal data. For more information about cookies visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on Sites and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, click data and types of advertisements viewed.
- "Web beacons" are electronic files used to track your navigation of a website or collection of sites, the completion of transactions, submittal of applications and browsing behaviour.
Collectively these technologies enable us to better understand and segment our customers’ audiences on an aggregate basis. Data for targeting purposes is retained for up to 13 months after which time this data is deleted.
Cookies do not allow us to gather any personal information about you and we do not store any personal information that you provided to us in your cookies.
How We Use The Information
Broadly speaking, we use personal information such as email address, name and phone number for purposes of administering and expanding our business activities, providing customer service and making available other products and services to our customers and prospective customers.
Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our website, new services and special opportunities we think you will find valuable. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by emailing us at email@example.com
Sharing Your Information
We do not collect PII except when provided voluntarily by visitors to our website. We do not rent, sell or disseminate PII to third parties for promotional purposes without consent. We will only share this voluntarily-provided PII
- to enable third party service providers to assist or facilitate in the services we provide;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, whether or not a response is required by applicable law;
- to enforce an agreement or to protect our rights; with any parent, affiliated or successor entity;
- in connection with any asset sale, transfer, divestiture or liquidation;
- in connection with strategic alliances, partnerships or other business arrangements to permit the offering of products or services we think may be of interest to you or where we have determined that the information will be used in a responsible manner by the third party; or as permitted under any agreement with you.
We do not share Non-PII information with any third parties.
If you do not want cookies to be used for behavioural advertising then you may control your advertising preferences by clicking on the link below to Opt Out.
We use appropriate measures to ensure the security of all Information, including the use of passwords, firewalls, encryption and remote servers, and routinely evaluate our practices to identify security threats or opportunities for the improvement of our services. No transmission of information is guaranteed to be completely secure. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise data security. You acknowledge and agree to assume this risk when communicating with us.
Third Party Websites
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites or applications (including widgets) linked to or from our website nor the information or content contained therein. Often links to other websites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our website. Please remember that your browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link on our website, is subject to that website’s own rules and policies.
For more information, or if you have questions, please contact the Emerge Digital at our corporate headquarters at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
Suite 119 (LE)
26-32 Pirrama Road
Pyrmont NSW 2009
Contact us by e-mail at contact at emergedigital dot com